Some people think that wedding anniversary wishes should always be sentimental and sweet. While such wishes are often appropriate, there is certainly a place for humor as well. Funny wedding anniversary wishes can be used along with more sentimental words or they can be used on their own.
The type of funny wedding anniversary wishes that are appropriate really depends on your own sense of humor, the sense of humor of the couple and your relationship to the couple. If you do find that funny wedding anniversary wishes are the right choice, be sure to check out the tips below.
- Funny wedding anniversary wishes should never include humor that could be considered an insult to someone. Of course, that doesn’t mean that a little ribbing can’t be included.
Your long, successful marriage proves one thing: You have learned to say, “Yes, Dear”.
That wedding tux might not fit any longer, but you two still look great together!
How did an ugly guy like you land a pretty girl like her?
Who would have thought that the handsome groom would be bald and fat by his 10th anniversary? At least she still loves you!
The first set includes examples that are cute and funny. The second set includes examples that are insulting. “Funny” wedding anniversary wishes such as those in the second set will hardly ever be appropriate.
- If you are not sure that humor is appropriate based on your relationship with the couple, it is best to leave it out. Better to err on the side of caution than risk offending someone. For example, maybe you and your boss have a great working relationship. That doesn’t mean, however, that you should try to include humor when writing out a card for his wedding anniversary. His spouse may not understand your working relationship, and funny wedding anniversary wishes may be interpreted as a tad disrespectful.
- Talking about personal information, such as a fight the couple had or finances, is never a good idea. You don’t know who has been privy to that information, and it is probably not something the couple wants to share with everyone.
- Sarcastic humor can be tough to pull off – especially in writing. Unless you’re a master of it, don’t try it.
- Humor that includes sexual innuendo may have a place, but it is usually not appropriate for funny wedding anniversary wishes. What if one of the couple’s grandmothers picks up the card that you wrote!?
You can find examples of funny wedding anniversary wishes by browsing through greeting cards online or at brick and mortar stores. You can also see if your library has any books on the subject. If you are very observant (and have a good memory) you might be able to glean some funny wedding anniversary wishes from comedic routines, movies or television shows.
Funny wedding anniversary wishes, when used appropriately, can add humor and levity to the celebration. Just be sure to exercise good judgment and use good taste when you choose to add humor to an anniversary card or toast.